How do I find another provider's EPP code?
As part of transferring a domain to us, you will need to supply the EPP code for the domain. This can also be referred to as the domain password or auth code, and provides us authority to move your domain over to us.
To retrieve an EPP code for a .au domain name, use the website here and the code will be sent via email to the registrant's email address.
For all other domains names, we've tried to keep a running list to help you out in obtaining but this is by no means an exhaustive list of all domain providers.
Any updates that other providers make to their websites may break theses steps. If you are unsure of how to get this information, contact your current provider. Also we'd love to know if any of this information has changed.
- Login to your Account Manager
- Click 'Domains' along the top row of icons
- On the Manage page, click the domain name
- On the blue 'Domain Name' header, click the Menu button (☰)
- Click 'Registry Key'
- A popup will appear. The password displayed is the EPP Code
- Enter your domain name in the fields 'quickly manage this domain'
- Click 'General settings'
- Click 'Email Auth Code to Registrant'
- The Registrar will send the code to the admin contact within minutes. However, the return email address may be either Enom or the name of your registration service provider
- In the My Products section, click 'Domains'
- Click the domain for which you want to retrieve the authorization code
- In the Authorization Code field, click the 'Send by Email' hyperlink
- Click 'OK'
- Click 'OK' again
- Login to your Melbourne IT MyAccount, and entering your username and password
- The MyAccount Console will be displayed
- Click 'Manage Domain Names' under the 'Manage Domain Names' section of the Console
- The Manage Domain Names page will be displayed with the list of domain names under your MyAccount
- Click the domain name you wish to retrieve the Authorisation Code for
- The Domain Management page will be displayed
- Towards the left of the console under 'Overview' click 'Recover Domain Password'
- A confirmation message will be displayed above indicating that your Authorisation Code will be sent to your Administrative email within the next 72 hours
- Log into your Account
- Locate 'Administer/Upgrade domain' along the left hand side of the page
- Search for or select the domain
- Click 'Manage Domain'
- Click on the domain name
- Click ‘Show’ next to ‘EPP Password’
- If you have a .au domain, you will need to click on 'View', located next to Current domain password (Auth-Info) in order to see your auth code.
- Login to your Network Solutions Account
- Click the 'Domains' left menu tab
- Click 'Manage Domain' Names
- Click the domain name that you want to manage
- In the Domain Protect row, click 'Turn Off and Request Authorization'
- Click the 'Off' radio button
- Click 'Save'
- Click on the 'Domain Extras' option
- You will retrieve the auth code from the 'Domain Authorization Information' option
- Login to your Cheap Domains account
- Click on 'Domains' in the top left of the page
- Click on 'Registry Key' on the domain
- The Domain Password will then appear
All company logos are trademarked and copyright to their respective companies